Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana, judge of the Andhra Pradesh High Court was on 30 August 2013 appointed as the new Chief Justice of the Delhi High Court. He was appointed by the President of India, Pranab Mukherjee. Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana took over from Justice Badar Durrez Ahmad, who is the Acting Chief Justice of the Delhi High court since June 2013. Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana will take over the office in the first week of September 2013.
Life Sketch of Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana
• Justice Nuthalapati Venkata Ramana is 56 years old.
• He enrolled in as the advocate in the year 1983.
• He practiced in Andhra Pradesh High Court, Central and AP Administrative Tribunals and the Supreme Court in civil, criminal, constitutional, labour, service and election matters.
• He has specialisation in Constitutional, Criminal, Service and Inter-State River laws.
• He has credited to his name, the encouragement of use of Telugu as language of proceedings in Andhra Pradesh High Court.
• He also remained the president of the Andhra Pradesh Judicial Academy.
• He also served as the executive chairman of the AP Legal Services Authority.