David Bowie, one of the most influential recording artists of all time, passed away on 10 January 2016 due to throat cancer. He was 69.
Bowie was a legendary singer-songwriter and producer who excelled at glam rock, art rock, soul, hard rock, dance pop, punk and electronica during his over 40-year career.
About David Bowie
• Born on 8 January 1947, David Bowie was an English singer, songwriter, multi-instrumentalist, record producer, arranger, painter and actor.
• He was a popular figure in music for over four decades, and was known as an innovator, particularly for his work in the 1970s.
• His androgynous appearance was an iconic element of his image, particularly in the 1970s and 1980s.
• His first hit song, Space Oddity, reached the top five of the UK Singles Chart after its release in July 1969.
• After a three-year period of experimentation, he re-emerged in 1972 during the glam rock era with the flamboyant, androgynous alter ego Ziggy Stardust.
• In 1975, the singer achieved his first major American crossover success with the number-one single Fame and the hit album Young Americans.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App