Lewis Hamilton of Britain won the Bahrain Grand Prix in Manama Bahrain on 6 April 2014. Hamilton finished 1.085 seconds ahead of his Mercedes teammate Nico Rosberg of Germany. This was his first victory in four years in the Persian Gulf.
Sahara Force India’s Sergio Perez of Mexico finished third followed by Red bull’s Daniel Ricciardo of Australia at fourth place, Force India’s Nico Hulkenberg of Germany at fifth and Sebastian Vettel of Germany at sixth.
Drivers Standing after the end of Bahrain Grand Prix
1. Nico Rosberg (Mercedes): 61 points
2. Lewis Hamilton (Mercedes): 50 points
3. Nico Hulkenberg (Force India): 28 points
4. Fernando Alonso (Ferrari): 26 points
5. Jenson Button (McLaren): 23 points
Construction Points after the end of Bahrain Grand Prix
1. Mercedes: 111 points
2. Force India: 44 points
3. McLaren: 43 points
4. RedBull: 35 points
5. Ferrari: 33 points
Force India Highs in F1 car racing
• Sahara Force India reached the giddy heights of second place in the Formula One constructor’s championship.
• Giancarlo Fisichella got the first podium for the team at 2009 Belgian Grand Prix at Spa, finishing second.
• Last year Paul Di Resta managed to finish fourth in Bahrain and 2012 Singapore GP while Nico Hulkenberg in European Grand Prix in 2012.
• This is the best-ever start to the season for Sahara Force India and the team now has 44 points from 3 races.