Malala topped Power List 101 at GG2 Leadership awards
Malala Yousafzai, Kainat Riaz and Shazia Ramzan were chosen for the GG2 Hammer Award for their bravery at the GG2 Leadership Awards 2013.
Malala Yousafzai, Kainat Riaz and Shazia Ramzan on 27 November 2013 were chosen for the GG2 Hammer Award, for their bravery at the GG2 (Garavi Gujarat 2) Leadership Awards 2013 a London. The activist Malala Yousafzai won the number one spot in the GG2 Power List 101 for her work in raising awareness for female empowerment.
Malala Yousafzai, the teenager from Pakistan, who was shot in the head by the Taliban for campaigning for girls’ education. She has been named as the Britain’s most influential Asian by a weekly publication. Kainat Riaz and Shazia Ramzan were shot and wounded in Swat Valley last year. The GG2 Hammer Award winner of 2013 transcends every boundary and appeals to the very core of our humanity.
The GG2 Power 101 has been compiled by The Asian Media and Marketing Group (AMG) and features the top 101 most influential Asians in the UK, ranging from all walks of life. Now in its third year, the list honours some notable British Asians who hold power and influence not just in Britain, but also globally.
Others who received the award are:
• Ingrid Loyau-Kennett was handed the GG2 Spirit in the Community Award for her courage and bravery in the face of the Woolwich attackers
• Simon Woolley, the founding member and director of Operation Black Vote was given the GG2 Pride of Britain Award
• Physicist Professor Tejinder Virdee, who has previously worked on the investigation of the Higgs Boson particle, was honoured with the GG2 Man of the Year Award
• Christine Lee received the award for Woman of the Year for her success in establishing and managing the largest British Chinese law firm in the UK
Other Asians who were ranked in the list:
• Nick Clegg, British Deputy Premier, who was the chief guest on the occasion, was ranked first in the latest edition of GG2 Power 101 list.
• Chairman of the Home Affairs Committee MP Keith Vaz, who headed the power list last year, has been ranked as Number 2.
• The steel tycoon Lakshmi Mittal was ranked at Number 3.
• The Hinduja brothers, Srichand, Gopichand, Ashok and Prakash, were ranked at Number four in the Power 101.
• Lord Swraj Paul and his son Angad were ranked at Number 21 on the list.
If you have any Question/Point on the above information, please ask/discuss it in the Current Affairs Group