Radha Madhav Sanskrit Vidhyalaya, Nambol, Bishnupur (Manipur) lifted the Girls' title of the 54th Subroto Cup football tournament on 17 October 2013. The final match was held at the Ambedkar Stadium in New Delhi.
Manipur won against Government Senior Secondary School, Alakhpura, Bhiwani (Haryana) by six goals to four. It is the second time that the Manipur team lifted the Girls’ title of Subroto Cup football tournament.
In the meanwhile, in Under-17 Boys' category, Magurmari High School, Kokrajhar (Assam) edged out Reverend Saiathanga Memorial (Mizoram) to enter in the final. The winners won by a One-Nil margin.
In the Girls’ final match, the match was taken to the penalty shoot-out, where Ratanbala, D Grace, Ranjana Chanu, Ranjibala Devi, Sunita Devi scored for Manipur and Sanju, Munesh and Nisha scored for Haryana.
About the Subroto Cup Football Tournament
• The Subroto Cup Football Tournament is primarily an inter-school football tournament in India, which is named after Indian Air Force Air Marshal Subroto Mukerjee.
• The tournament was started in the year 1960 and since then, it is conducted every year.
• It is conducted by the Indian Air Force, with support from India's Ministry of Youth Affairs and Sports.
• The rule of the Subroto Cup Football Tournament is that at first, inter-school tournaments are organised in all the states of India, starting from Sub-division, district and division level culminating in the inter-school finals at the national level. The school teams which win the state inter-school championships are thereafter invited to participate in the main Subroto Mukerjee Cup Tournament at Delhi.
• The Subroto Cup Football Tournament is played on the Knock-out/League format according to the laws and rules relating to Football Association as well as accepted and interpreted by the All India Football Federation (AIFF).
• The duration of a game in the Subroto Cup Football Tournament is 30 minutes each half with an interval of 5 minutes.