59 Years old Manjula Vijayakumar the south India yesteryear actor, died in Chennai on 23 July 2013 followed a brief illness.
She was suffering from jaundice and also hurt her stomach after falling down from the cot. Manjula Vijayakumar made her first screen appearance as a child actor in Shanthi Nilayam.
Manjula went on to play the lead role with MGR in his blockbuster Rickshawkaran in the early 1970s. She also starred in another popular MGR film Ulagam Suttrum Vaaliban. She is survived by her husband, actor Vijayakumar, daughters Preetha, Vanitha and Sridevi.
A Brief Insight into Manjula Vijayakumar’s Career
• Born on 9 September 1953, She has acted in more than 100 films in South Indian languages like Tamil, Telugu and Kannada
• She first appeared in the film Shanthi Nilayam (1969) in a supporting role as the teenage girl of Gemini Ganesan's character.
• Her first lead role was in Rickshawkaran (1971). She acted in lead roles in many films till the late seventies.
• Many other lead roles came to her during the 1970s, not only in Tamil, but also Telugu and Kannada films.
• She has played together with the top heroes of the Tamil industry across generations: MGR, Sivaji Ganesan, NTR, Gemini Ganesan, Kamal Hassan, Rajnikanth, and Vishnuvardhan.
• During 1980’s she was seen, appearing in supporting roles including mother, sister.
• Thereafter, In the 1990's the number of films came down to her but she still she has done a few roles.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.