Microsoft signs agreement to acquire LinkedIn for $26.2 billion
As per the agreement, Microsoft will acquire LinkedIn for 196 dollar per share in an all-cash transaction valued at 26.2 billion dollar, inclusive of LinkedIn’s net cash.
Microsoft Corporation and LinkedIn Corporation on 13 June 2016 announced that they have entered into a definitive agreement.
As per the agreement, Microsoft will acquire LinkedIn for 196 dollar per share in an all-cash transaction valued at 26.2 billion dollar, inclusive of LinkedIn’s net cash. However, LinkedIn will retain its distinct brand, culture and independence.
About Microsoft Corporation
• Microsoft Corporation is an American multinational technology company headquartered in Redmond, Washington.
• It develops, manufactures, licenses, supports and sells computer software, consumer electronics and personal computers and services.
• Its best known software products are the Microsoft Windows line of operating systems, Microsoft Office office suite, and Internet Explorer and Edge web browsers.
• It is the world's largest software maker by revenue, and one of the world's most valuable companies.
• It was founded by Paul Allen and Bill Gates on 4 April 1975.
About LinkedIn Corporation
• LinkedIn is a business-oriented social networking service.
• It was founded on 14 December 2002 and launched on 5 May 2003.
• It is mainly used for professional networking.
• As of 2015, most of the site's revenue came from selling access to information about its users to recruiters and sales professionals.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App