Ministry of Coal signs MoU with Poland’s Ministry of Energy
The Union Ministry of Coal has entered into a Memorandum of Understanding with Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland. The key objective of the MoU is to foster relations in the field of coal mining and clean coal technologies through the already established joint coal working group as well as research institutes and academia between the two countries.
The Union Ministry of Coal on February 4, 2019 signed a Memorandum of Understanding with Ministry of Energy, Republic of Poland in New Delhi on cooperation in the field of coal mining.
The MoU was signed between Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary, Minister of State for Coal and Mines and Grzegorz Tobiszowski, Secretary of State for Poland’s Ministry of Energy.
The key objective of the MoU is to foster relations in the field of coal mining and clean coal technologies through the already established joint coal working group as well as research institutes and academia between the two countries.
The other objectives include:
• To promote trade and investment in the coal sector, enhance the understanding of coal-related energy issues, particularly clean coal technologies, and promote the exchange of information on policies, programmes and technologies with special emphasis on coal exploration and exploitation, research and development, technical cooperation and capacity building.
• To review the activities implemented under MoU.
• To identify other forms of cooperation mutually agreed upon by the Participants.
• The agreement will greatly benefit the field of clean technologies and would provide opportunities to both India and Poland to augment trade and investment in diverse areas in the mining and energy sectors.
• A joint working group has been created to ensure proper implementation of the MoU. The group would be working closely to take the aims of the MoU further in a time-bound manner.
• India and Poland recently celebrated 60 years of vibrant diplomatic relations and also formalised cooperation agreements in different areas.
• The Memorandum of Understanding is aimed at further strengthening these efforts.
Speaking on the occasion, Minister of State for Coal and Mines Haribhai Parathibhai Chaudhary complimented the officials from Poland and India for identification of areas of cooperation and the development of this MoU after consistent engagements. He also added how he foresees a very strong scope for cooperation in other areas of mining in India.