The Ministry of Railways took measures in order to prevent the misuse of Izzat Monthly Season Ticket (Izzat MST), which is aimed at the person belonging to low income category. The new measures became effective from 15 October 2013.
Measures Undertaken by the Ministry of Railways
Under the new measures, following points were decided:
• For availing (Izzat MST) the passenger should first obtain income certificate from local government officials i.e. SDM, SDO, BDO or Tehsildar and thereafter obtain income certificates from Member of Parliament of Lok Sabha.
• After obtaining income certificate from the government officials, recommendations from Member of Parliament of Rajya Sabha and Union Ministers should be submitted to the DRMs.
• On production of these income certificates and a copy of Photo identity Card cum residential proof, Izzat MST should be issued.
• In case of Izzat MST issued on production of income certificate from District Magistrate or on BPL Card or any other certificate issued by Central Government under a recognised poverty alleviation programme including ration cards issued to persons under Antyodaya Anna Yojana, Izzat MST will be issued directly on production of residence proof as prescribed as mentioned below.
• As a residential proof Photo Identity Card cum residential proof like Voter Identity Card, Passport, Driving License, Ration Card, Adhaar Card, Bank Pass book from nationalised Bank with Photograph or any other Photo Identity Card cum residential proof issued with photograph by any Government in India or a Government Agency in India can be approved.
• As a part of the Railway Budget 2009-10, the Ministry of Railways had decided to introduce Izzat MST Scheme of uniformly priced Monthly Season Tickets (MSTs) at 25 Rupees inclusive of all surcharges which will be issued up to a distance of 100 Kms to persons working in unorganised sector with monthly income not exceeding 1500 Rupees.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.