Legendary off-spinner Muttiah Muralidaran was on 8 June 2017 inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame by ICC Chief Executive David Richardson after the India versus Sri Lanka ICC Champions Trophy match at The Oval.
With this, Muralidaran became the first Sri Lankan to be inducted into the prestigious list. He is the 83rd player overall to be formally inducted into the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
He was awarded the honour along with Arthur Morris, George Lohmann and Karen Rolton by fellow ICC Cricket Hall of Famers.
About Muttiah Muralidaran
• Muralidaran is the most successful Test bowler in Tests and One Day Internationals with 800 wickets in 133 matches.
• He has taken 67 five-wicket innings hauls and 22 10-wicket match hauls in Test matches.
• He is also the most successful in ODI cricket with 534 wickets in 350 matches.
• He was a member of the squad that won the ICC Cricket World Cup 1996.
• He was also the one who shared the ICC Champions Trophy 2002 with India.
Who: Muttiah Muralidaran
When: 8 June 2017