Flipkart-owned online fashion retailer Myntra has acquired Bengaluru-based logistics start-up InLogg for an undisclosed amount.
The move has been made by the e-commerce company to strengthen and expand its supply chain capabilities. With this, Myntra would also be acquiring InLogg's technology platform that will provide end to end logistics solutions for the e-commerce sector.
• The deal will see the InLogg team join Myntra.
• The deal will help Myntra smooth its delivery and customer experience in Tier 2, 3 and 4 cities.
• It is Myntra’s fourth technology-led acquisition.
• Prior to this, the company had acqui-hired two Bengaluru-based tech ventures, Cubeit and Native5.
• InLogg was founded in 2015 by former Flipkart employees Preeti Jain, Rajat Khanduja and Prateek Gautam.
Commenting on the move, Ananya Tripathi, the chief strategy and planning officer of Myntra stated that Myntra’s vision is to use technology to democratise fashion and with an 80% year-on-year growth, they are on a strong trajectory to achieve this.
Further, the acquisition will allow the e-commerce firm to influence local and regional players to enhance its reach, reduce its delivery time and develop a plug and play model.