A National Conference with the title ‘Agriculture 2022 – Doubling Farmers’ Income’ will be organised by the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare (MoA&FW) at National Agriculture Science Complex (NASC) in Pusa, New Delhi from February 19-20, 2018.
The two-day conference seeks to identify various critical issues relating to agriculture and farmers’ welfare and finding appropriate solutions.
The main objective of the conference is to build a consensus around appropriate recommendations that will help in shaping and sharpening the vision of the Government on Doubling Farmers’ Income by 2022 into actionable points.
The basic idea is to arrive at practicable solutions that can be implemented for the benefit of farmers in the country.
The main focus would be on the farmer and his empowerment.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
• The Union Government is keen to adopt the suggestions of the participants that will help in yielding quick results across the agricultural sector.
• Seven broad themes have been identified for the conference.
• The participants will comprise farmers, farmers’ associations, scientists, economists, academics, trade industry, professional associations, NGOs and policy makers.
• They will be assigned to each theme in a random mix, and each will be led by a coordinator and supported by a facilitator,
• All the participants will be provided with background material on all the themes prepared by reputed institutions/organisations.
• Special officers have been assigned to different themes and sub-themes, so that the issues are examined from multiple angles and comprehensive recommendations are made.
• An implementation strategy as well as outcomes arising from these suggestions is expected to be defined and reconciled into the Government’s Strategy for doubling farmers’ income by 2022 on which the Inter-Ministerial Committee is finalising its strategy.
The Ministry of Agriculture is expected to benefit largely from the valuable inputs that will emerge during the course of the conference, which will in turn benefit the farmers.
The conference is perfectly in line with the Union Government’s agenda for fiscal year 2018-19, which is highly focussed on increasing the farmers’ income and relieving them of all their woes.
What: To be held soon