The New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) on 21 July 2016 signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with National Environmental Engineering Research Institute (NEERI) to develop 12 sewage treatment plants (STP).
This project will help increase the green cover in NDMC areas and curb dust pollution.
Highlights of the MoU
• In the first phase, 12 STPs will be installed across the NDMC area.
• Each plant will have a capacity of treating sewage water ranging from 50000-1 lakh litres.
• All these plants will be connected to all parks which will help the horticulture department to maintain the parks.
• These plants will be installed at schools also.
• NDMC will bear only pumping cost which is economic and NEERI will bear the cost of the project.
• The barren lands that have no use under NDMC areas will be developed into green areas under the same project.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: NDMC and NEERI
What: Signed MoU
When: 21 July 2016
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.