Nik Khanna was appointed as the Managing Director (MD) of BAE Systems’ India operations with effect from 1 February 2017.
He is taking charge of the BAE Systems shortly after the company was awarded a contract from the US Department of Defense to provide 145 M777 ultra-lightweight howitzers to the Indian Army.
Before joining the BAE Systems, he worked as Country President at Raytheon where he led business development, marketing and strategy in India for the last four years.
Prior to Raytheon, Khanna served as the Associate Vice-President at The Cohen Group. He also worked as Aerospace & Defense Director at the U.S-India Business Council.
About BAE Systems
• BAE Systems is a British multinational defence, security and aerospace company.
• Its headquarters are located in London in the United Kingdom.
• It is among the world's largest defence companies.
• It was ranked as the third-largest based on applicable 2015 revenues.
• Its largest operations are in the United Kingdom and United States.
• The company was formed on 30 November 1999 by the merger of two British companies: Marconi Electronic Systems and British Aerospace.
• The company is involved in several major defence projects, including the Lockheed Martin F-35 Lightning II, the Eurofighter Typhoon, the Astute-class submarine and the Queen Elizabeth-class aircraft carriers.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.