NITI Aayog’s Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) on March 27, 2018 signed a Statement of Intent (SoI) with SAP, a German-based European multinational software company, to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship.
The program aims to enable students to learn advanced technology topics relevant to digital transformation and the Internet of Things.
Highlights of the SoI
• Under the SoI, SAP in 2018 will adopt 100 Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATL) for five years to cultivate the Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) learning among secondary school children across India.
• The support to Atal Incubators will catalyse adoption of the innovations to commercial scales, and will ensure deployment of the innovations to the domestic and international markets.
• SAP employee volunteers will coach and mentor students in advanced technology topics.
• The design lab of SAP Labs India will provide training and allow students to gain practical experience with technology gadgets.
Atal Innovation Mission (AIM)
• Atal Innovation Mission (AIM) is Union Government's flagship initiative to promote a culture of innovation and entrepreneurship in the country.
• AIM is mandated to create an umbrella structure to oversee innovation ecosystem of the country.
• AIM envisions the creation of a collaborative ecosystem, where students, teachers, mentors and industry partners work to facilitate innovation, foster scientific temper and an entrepreneurial spirit.
• Atal Tinkering Laboratories (ATLs), Atal Incubation Centre and Established Incubation Centre will take the innovations to the market and a network of incubators will help create enterprises around these innovations.
• So far, AIM has already announced selection of 2441 schools across India to establish ATLs covering 93 percent of the total districts in India and 98 percent of the upcoming smart cities.