Nokia on 24 June 2016 announced the appointment of Sanjay Malik as the head of Indian market. The appointment of Malik will be effective from 1 August 2016.
Malik will lead customer operations, drive the business growth strategy and superior customer engagement services for the India market. He will be based in Gurgaon.
Malik will take over from Sandeep Girotra, who has been heading Indian market since 2011.
Who is Sanjay Malik?
• At present, Malik serves as the Head of Network Implementation (NI) at Nokia Global Services.
• He is credited with efficiently driving growth and delivering strong performance both in terms of revenue and operational efficiency.
• He had joined Nokia in 2000.
• Previously, he was heading Bharti GCBT, where he led the transformation of the business.
• Nokia Corporation is a Finnish multinational communications and information technology company.
• It was founded in 1865.
• It is headquartered in Espoo, Uusimaa.
• It is a public limited-liability company listed on the Helsinki Stock Exchange and New York Stock Exchange.
• According to the Fortune Global 500, it is the world's 274th-largest company measured by 2013 revenues.
• The company entered into a pact with Microsoft in 2011 to exclusively use its Windows Phone platform on future smartphones.
• Its mobile phone business was bought by Microsoft in an overall deal totalling 7.17 billion US dollars.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Sanjay Malik