Noted journalist Cho S Ramaswamy passes away
He was also known to be very close to Late J Jayalalitha, CM of Tamil Nadu who died earlier this week, and also mentored her during her film career and continued to do the same even after she entered the politics.
Veteran journalist, political analyst and comedian Cho S Ramaswamy passed away on 7 December 2016 following a prolonged illness at Apollo Hospital in Chennai. He was 82. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
He was the first to propose Narendra Modi as the Prime Ministerial candidate. He was also known to be very close to Late J Jayalalitha, CM of Tamil Nadu who died earlier this week, and also mentored her during her film career and continued to do the same even after she entered the politics.
About Cho S Ramaswamy
- Ramaswamy was a law graduate, a play writer and a stage actor and also directed several movies and was also a screen play writer.
- He practised law in the Madras High Court in 1957-63 and served as a legal adviser to TTK & Co, group Companies, till 1978.
- He was a member of the BRC cricket club which played in the II division of Madras Cricket Association (now Tamil Nadu Cricket Association) in the 1950's.
- He was nominated to the Rajya Sabha under the previous NDA government in 1999.
- He had acted in movies along with MG Ramachandran, Sivaji Ganesan, Jayalalithaa, Kamal Hassan, Rajinikanth and others.
- He had written, directed and acted in over 20 Tamil plays which were performed over 5000 times.
- He also acted in 180 movies, scripted 14 and directed four.
- He founded and edited the political magazine Thuglak magazine.