Noted Malayalam Music Composer K. Raghavan Passed away
Noted Malayalam music composer K Raghavan died at Thalassery in Kannur district of Kerala on 19 October 2013.
Noted Malayalam music composer K Raghavan died at Thalassery in Kannur district of Kerala on 19 October 2013. He was 99.
Raghavan infused the folk element into Malayalam film music and his rustic melodies replaced the then prevailing trend of imitations of popular Hindi tunes of the day.
About K Raghavan
• K Raghavan was born to M. Krishnan and Narayani in 1913 at Thalassery, Kannur of Kerala.
• The music mastero, who is credited with giving a new direction and identity to Malayalam film music, has scored music for over 60 films in a career spanning for about four decades.
• Raghavan, who made his debut with the film Pulliman in 1951, scored music for films like Neelakkuyil, Ramanan, Nirmalyam, Mamankam, Nayru Pidicha Pulivalu, Kadathanadan Ambady among others.
• He started his professional career with All India Radio, Chennai as a Tamburu artiste and later joined AIR Kozhikode.
• He was awarded the Padmashree in 2010 and the JC Daniel Award by the Kerala government in 1997. Raghavan was chosen as the best music composer in 1973 and 1977 by the state government of Kerala.