Novak Djokovic beats Andy Murray to win 2017 Qatar Open
However, Andy Murray remains world number one despite the 6-3 5-7 6-4 defeat by Djokovic.
Novak Djokovic on 7 January 2017 won the 2017 Qatar Open Men’s Singles title. He defeated Andy Murray to grab the title that also ended the latter’s winning streak of 28 consecutive ATP Tour matches.
However, Murray remains world number one despite the 6-3, 5-7, 6-4 defeat by Djokovic.
On the other hand, Murray became the first man to reach the final of the Qatar Open four times.
About Novak Djokovic
• Novak Djokovic is a Serbian professional tennis player.
• At present, the Association of Tennis Professionals (ATP) ranks him at world No. 2 in men's singles tennis.
• He is coached by former Slovak tennis player Marian Vajda.
• He is the winner of 12 Grand Slam singles titles, the fourth most in history.
• He formerly held the No. 1 spot in the ATP rankings for a total of 223 weeks. He is the first Serbian player to be ranked No. 1 by the ATP.
• He has won six Australian Open titles, three Wimbledon titles, two US Open titles and one French Open title.
• In 2016, he became the 8th player in history to achieve the Career Grand Slam. With that, he became the third man to hold all four major titles at once. He is the first male player representing Serbia to win a Grand Slam singles title.
About Qatar Open
• The Qatar Open is a professional tennis tournament.
• It is played on outdoor hard courts.
• At present, it is a part of the ATP World Tour 250 series of the Association of Tennis Professionals World Tour.
• It has been held annually in January at the Khalifa International Tennis and Squash Complex in Doha, Qatar, since 1993.
• In 2016, Novak Djokovic defeated Rafael Nadal to win the Men’s Singles title.
• The 2017 Qatar Open is the 25th edition of the tournament.