Park Geun-hye sworn-in as the first woman President of South Korea on 25 February 2013. After swearing-in, she vowed for zero tolerance against nuclearised North Korea as well as economic prosperity of the country.
Park Geun-hye took charge of the office of the President of South Korea just a little over 50 years after Park Chung-hee, her father had taken over the office in 1961.
About Park Geun-hye
• Park Geun-hye was elected as the first female President of South Korea on 19 December 2012.
• The 61-year-old Park Geun-hye belongs to the conservative Saenuri party.
• She is serving as the 18th President of South Korea.
• Former President of South Korea was Lee Myung-bak.
• She was born on 2 February 1952.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.