Phase-I of T-Hub inaugurated in IIIT-Hyderabad
Technology Hub or T-Hub is the country’s largest incubation centre for start-ups and entrepreneurship.
Governor of AP and Telangana ESL Narasimhan and Tata Sons Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata on 5 November 2015 inaugurated the first phase of Technology Hub (T-Hub).
T-Hub is a technology incubation centre and is located at the International Institute for Information Technology (IIIT-Hyderabad) in Gachibowli on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
It is the country’s largest such facility for start-ups and entrepreneurship.
Key Features of T-Hub
• Its purpose is to provide one central location form members of the local start-up community and investors to network, learn, communicate, share and make deals.
• It envisions building conducive environment and a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem within the State for the next wave of technology companies for the full cycle of growth from seed stage to maturity.
• It is a Public Private Partnership between the Government of Telangana, IIIT-H, Indian School Business, National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR) and key private sector leaders.
• It has 70000 sq -up area and offers physical and virtual infrastructure at a fee.
• Initially, about 140 start-ups would be housed at the Catalyst building, with each start-up getting a time of six months to stay after which they move out of the facility to let a fresh set of start-ups to move in.
• While in the first phase it acts as an incubator, in the second phase it will be an incubator of incubators that will be built at a cost of 150 crore rupees with a built up area of 3 lakh sq ft.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App