Governor of AP and Telangana ESL Narasimhan and Tata Sons Chairman Emeritus Ratan Tata on 5 November 2015 inaugurated the first phase of Technology Hub (T-Hub).
T-Hub is a technology incubation centre and is located at the International Institute for Information Technology (IIIT-Hyderabad) in Gachibowli on the outskirts of Hyderabad.
It is the country’s largest such facility for start-ups and entrepreneurship.
Key Features of T-Hub
• Its purpose is to provide one central location form members of the local start-up community and investors to network, learn, communicate, share and make deals.
• It envisions building conducive environment and a vibrant entrepreneurial ecosystem within the State for the next wave of technology companies for the full cycle of growth from seed stage to maturity.
• It is a Public Private Partnership between the Government of Telangana, IIIT-H, Indian School Business, National Academy of Legal Studies and Research (NALSAR) and key private sector leaders.
• It has 70000 sq -up area and offers physical and virtual infrastructure at a fee.
• Initially, about 140 start-ups would be housed at the Catalyst building, with each start-up getting a time of six months to stay after which they move out of the facility to let a fresh set of start-ups to move in.
• While in the first phase it acts as an incubator, in the second phase it will be an incubator of incubators that will be built at a cost of 150 crore rupees with a built up area of 3 lakh sq ft.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Phase-I of T-Hub
When: 5 November 2015
Telangana Assembly Elections 2018: TRS wins sweeping majority for second straight term
Telangana’s Sadarmatt anicut, Pedda Cheruvu get Heritage Irrigation Structure status
Telangana Cabinet passes resolution to dissolve Legislative Assembly
Telangana launches life insurance scheme worth Rs 5 lakh for farmers