Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated the annual conference, Rajaswa Gyan Sangam, 2017 at Vigyan Bhawan, New Delhi on 1 September 2017.
The conference, jointly organised by the Central Board of Direct Taxes and the Central Board of Excise and Customs, will be held from 1 to 2 September 2017. Modi inaugurated the function in the presence Union Finance Minister and Ministers of State (Finance).
The Prime Minister addressed the tax administrators during the conference. The closing function would be conducted on 2 September 2017.
• The conference would host several Joint Sessions of the officers of the two Boards.
• One of the plenary sessions will be addressed by Sadhguru Jaggi Vasudev on the first day. He would be speaking on ‘Inner Engineering – Technologies for Well Being’.
• Central Vigilance Commissioner K V Chowdary would be addressing the joint session on the second day.
• Besides this, separate technical sessions of each Board will also be held.
• Discussions will also be held on issues arising in the implementation of policies and strategies to achieve targets in core functional areas.
• Crucial issues including Tax Evasion, GST, Customs Reforms, Litigation Management, HR issues and Modernisation would also be discussed.
• For the first time ever, senior officers of the Finance Department of the States and Union Territories will be attending the two day event.
The main objective of the conference is to enable a two-way communication between the policy-makers and senior officers in the field offices with a view to increase revenue collection and facilitate effective implementation of law and policies in key result areas.
The Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT) and the Central Board of Excise & Customs (CBEC) have been holding annual Conferences of senior officers for a number of years.
In 2016, the first time joint Conference of the two Boards was held under the umbrella of ‘Rajaswa Gyan Sangam’. It was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Where: New Delhi