The Department of Economic Affairs, Union Ministry of Finance and the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June 22, 2018 announced to jointly host the third Annual Meeting of the Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June 25-26, 2018 in Mumbai, India.
Theme of AIIB Annual Meeting 2018
The theme for this year’s meeting is 'Mobilising Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration'.
Highlights of the AIIB Annual Meeting 2018
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi will inaugurate the third Annual Meeting of AIIB on June 26, 2018.
• Industries Department of the Maharashtra Government is the nodal Department, while the Maharashtra Industrial Development Corporation (MIDC) is the nodal agency.
• The Confedartion of Indian Industry (CII) is the Professional Conference Organiser (PCO); Research and Information Systems for Developing Countries (RIS) is the knowledge partner for the third Annual Meeting of AIIB.
• This year meeting will see leaders from varied organizations and levels of government to share ideas and experiences for creating a sustainable future through sound infrastructure investment.
• The inaugural Asian Infrastructure Forum will be launched, which will gather infrastructure practitioners in a practical and project-driven discourse, focused on matching innovative finance to critical infrastructure needs.
• The two-day meeting will witness the presence of top policy makers, Ministers from AIIB members, participants from partner institutions, the private sector and civil society organizations.
• Moreover, leading experts from a range of fields will be present to lead discussions and share insights on addressing Asia’s infrastructure gap in an environmentally and socially friendly way.
• There will be several seminars that focus on topics including mobilising finance for infrastructure, gender and infrastructure and connectivity within and beyond Asia.
• There will also be Host Country Seminars on topics including the sources and instruments of financing and new technology choices and alternatives, and a panel discussion with Chief Ministers on the vision of infrastructure development in India.
India Infrastructure Expo 2018
• The Department of Economic Affairs, Union Ministry of Finance in partnership with the Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry (FICCI) will be organising an exhibition “India Infrastructure Expo 2018".
• The objective of the exhibition is to offer companies from the public and private sector to showcase their latest solutions, technologies and offerings in the realm of infrastructure project development and delivery.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week