PM Narendra Modi inaugurated India Food Park in Tumkur
PM Narendra Modi on 24 September 2014 inaugurated India Food Park at Tumkur in Karnataka.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 24 September 2014 inaugurated India Food Park at Tumkur in Karnataka. Through this park, Indian farmers will get access to global markets.
The motive behind setting up the park is to empower the farmers by facilitating value addition through creation of appropriate infrastructure including rural connectivity, storage and warehousing.
Moreover, Food Processing Ministry will approve 17 such food parks across the country over the next few months attracting investments of about 2100 crore rupees. Each park is estimated to attract a minimum investment of about 125 crore rupees.
About the India Food Park
• The food park is a public private partnership programme of the Union ministry of food processing industries.
• The food park is an initiative of Future Group chief Kishore Biyani. The Future Group invested 140 crore rupees for its construction and another 120 crore rupees will be invested before it is fully commissioned.
• Karnataka government has allotted the land under the Karnataka Industrial Areas Development Board (KIADB).
• The park will provide infrastructure facilities for food processing along the value chain from the farm to the market.
• This 110 acre park will be equipped with 60 medium-sized food processing units that make ready-to-eat products. Moreover, there will also be in-house pulping, milling, flouring, spice and dal units.