Prime Minister Narendra Modi confers Yoga Awards 2019
PM Modi has also launched 10 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres in Haryana. Ministry of Ayush has promised to construct 12,500 such centers.
National Yoga Awards 2019 were conferred by PM Narendra Modi. Awards were given away for outstanding contribution for promotion and development of Yoga. However, names of winners were announced during the International Day of Yoga, 2019.
Apart from this, PM Modi has also launched 10 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres in Haryana. Ministry of Ayush has promised to construct 12,500 AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres across the country.
Winners of Yoga Awards 2019
• Bihar School of Yoga, Munger (National Category)
• Swami Rajarshi Muni of Life Mission (Individual Category)
• Japan Yoga Niketan (International Category)
• Antonietta Rozzi, Italy (Individual-International category)
Winners of 2018 Yoga Awards are Vishwas Mandalik, Nasik (Individual- National category) and the Yoga Institute, Mumbai (Organisation – National category).
• Twelve commemorative postal stamps were also released by PM Modi to honour eminent practitioners, scholars, and Great Master Healers of AYUSH Systems.
• The achievements of the Great Master Healers of AYUSH Systems have been highlighted through these commemorative postal stamps.
• Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched 10 state-of-the-art AYUSH Health and Wellness Centres in Haryana
• These Ayush centers will empower society for self care by imbibing AYUSH based healthy food and lifestyle, social behaviour and use of medicinal plants for primary health care.
About National Health Policy, 2017
• All sectors and communities will be covered under this plan to improve their health status. Required promotive, preventive, curative, rehabilitative and palliative services provided through the public health sector with focus on quality.
• The policy lays greater emphasis on promotion of healthy living and prevention strategies from AYUSH systems and Yoga at the work-place, in the schools and in the community.
• AYUSH as an integrated medical care will be developed through developing a protocol for mainstreaming.
• Policy recognizes the need to nurture the AYUSH system of medicine, through the development of infrastructural facilities of teaching institutions, improving quality control of drugs, capacity building of institutions and professionals.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS