Profulla Borua, the veteran Indian journalist passed away in Guwahati, Assam after prolonged illness on 6 May 2013. He was 75 years of age. He died after a fight with cancer.
About Profulla Borua
• Profulla Borua held the post of the editor in some of the prominent Assamese newspapers.
• In his career span of 50 years, he had dynamic spirit of journalism.
• From 1969 to 1986, he was the editor of Janambhumi, the prominent newspaper of North East.
• He was also the editor of Dainik Asam from 1987-95.
• Lately, he was the editor of Uddipam, which is the only weekly for the senior citizens of northeastern region.
• He was also the executive trustee of celebration and documentation of 150 years of newspapers in Assam by Media Trust.
• He was arrested twice in 1981 and 1983 while fighting for Press independence.