Reliance Defence on 29 April 2016 signed strategic partnership agreement with three Ukranian state- owned firms. This will allow them to collaborate on a range of military products including transport aircraft, upgrade of armoured vehicles, maritime gas turbines and unmanned aerial vehicles.
The agreements were signed during meeting between Reliance Group Chairman Anil Ambani and Ukranian President Petro Poroshenko in Ukraine.
The Strategic Partnership Agreement was signed between State owned Ukroboronprom of Ukraine and Reliance Defence, which is wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Infrastructure Ltd.
• Under the agreement with Antonov, both companies will jointly bid for the medium military transport aircraft programme of the HAL.
• In addition to this, they will collaborate for assembly, manufacture and maintenance, repair and overhaul (MRO) of Antonov series of aircraft to address the requirements of the Indian market and also the agreed global markets.
• The Indian Air Force currently operates more than 100 AN-32 aircraft, which forms the backbone of its transport fleet.
• Cooperation between Reliance Defence and Spetstechno Exports will focus on upgrade programmes for the BMP 2 and armored vehicles, unmanned aerial vehicles and marine gas turbines for the Indian Navy's frigate programme in India.
• The government has already issued a Request for Information (RFI) for the upgradation of 1500 BMP 2.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Reliance Defence on
When: 29 April 2016