Indian third seed B. Sai Praneeth on 4 June 2017 captured the Men’s Singles title in the USD 120000 Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold badminton championship.
Praneeth defeated Indonesian fourth seed Jonatan Christie 17—21, 21—18, 21—19 in an hour and 11 minutes in the final match played at Nimibutr Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand.
About B. Sai Praneeth
• Born on 10 August 1992, Sai Praneeth Bhamidipati is an Indian badminton player hailing from Hyderabad, Telangana.
• At the 2016 All England Super Series Premier, he stunned the 2nd seed Lee Chong Wei of Malaysia in the 1st Round 24-22, 22-20 in straight sets.
• He is the winner of the 2016 Canada Open Grand Prix Men’s Singles title.
• In April 2017, he defeated Kidambi Srikanth 17-21, 21-17, 21-12 to clinch his maiden Super Series title in the Singapore Open final.
About Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold
• The 2017 Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold was the seventh grand prix's badminton tournament of the 2017 BWF Grand Prix Gold and Grand Prix.
• The tournament was held in Bangkok in Thailand from 30 May to 4 June 2017 and had a total purse of USD 120000.
• The winner of the 2016 Thailand Open Grand Prix Gold was Tanongsak Saensomboonsuk.
Who: B. Sai Praneeth
When: 4 June 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.