Shane Warne to mentor Australia's spinners for World T20 Tournament
Shane Warne has been appointed as the specialist spin consultant of Australia team to play World Twenty20 game in Bangladesh.
Australia has appointed Shane Warne as a specialist spin consultant on 23 January 2014 to support Darren Lehmann ahead of Australian campaign in World Twenty20 to be played in Bangladesh. His role in the team will be to train the spinners of the squad.
Warne will join the squad of the team for the three-match series against South Africa at the conclusion of the Test tour in March 2014. Australia has to play three T20 games against South Africa on 9, 12 and 14 March 2014.
George Bailey is the captain of the Australian Twenty20 cricket team and at present the team is ranked at eighth position in the list of International Cricket Council. The coach of the Australian cricket team Lehmann considers that the role of Warne in the game will be a crucial turning point for the team.
About Shane Warne
• Shane Warne was born on 13 September 1969
• He is an Australian former international cricketer, who is widely regarded as one of the greatest bowlers in the history of the game
• He was selected by a panel of cricket experts as one of the five Wisden Cricketers of the Century in 2000. He is the only specialist bowler to be selected in the list
• He officially retired from all formats in July 2013
• He has played his first test match in 1992 and has more than 1000 international wickets in Test and One-Day International
• In January 2007, he retired from International cricket at the end of Australia’s 5-0 Ashes series victory over England
• He signed to play cricket in the Indian Premier League in March 2008 and during the first edition he played a role of a captain as well as a coach for the team named Rajasthan Royals