SIDBI launches Udyam Abhilasha campaign in 115 aspirational districts
The Small Industries Development Bank of India has launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign ‘Udyam Abhilasha’ in 115 aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog. The main aim behind the initiative is to contribute to the transformation mission unleashed for these districts.
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI) launched a National Level Entrepreneurship Awareness Campaign ‘Udyam Abhilasha’ in 115 aspirational districts identified by NITI Aayog on October 2, 2018, on the occasion of the birth anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi.
The awareness campaign was launched in 115 aspirational districts in 28 states, reaching to around 15000 youth. The main aim behind the initiative is to contribute to ‘the transformation mission’ unleashed for these districts.
• To inspire rural youth in aspirational districts to be entrepreneurs by assisting them to set up their own enterprise.
• To impart training through digital medium across the country.
• To create business opportunities for CSC Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs).
• To focus on women aspirants in these aspirational districts to encourage women entrepreneurship.
• To assist participants to become bankable and avail credit facility from banks to set up their own enterprise.
• The campaign would be running parallelly from October 3- 8, 2018 across India. It aims to create and strengthen cadre of more than 800 trainers to provide entrepreneurship training to the aspiring youths across these districts thus encouraging them to enter the admired segment of entrepreneurs.
• SIDBI has partnered with CSC e-governance services India limited, a special purpose vehicle, set up by the IT Ministry for implementing the campaign through their common services centres (CSCs) .
• SIDBI is also taking-up with stakeholders including Banks, NABARD, NBFCs, SFBs, district industries centres, state governments to be a part of this campaign and ensure multifold impact.
• Further, CSC Village Level Entrepreneurs (VLEs) would play the role of catalyst for these aspiring entrepreneurs.
• Besides training, theVLEs would also provide handholding support to the aspirants to establish new units by assisting them in availing loans for their enterprise and making them aware about various initiatives of Government of India like Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana and educate the youths in these districts on business literacy.
The Small Industries Development Bank of India (SIDBI), is the principal financial institution for the promotion, financing, development and coordination of the Micro, Small and Medium Enterprise (MSME) sector.
SIDBI meets the financial and developmental needs of the MSME sector with a Credit+ approach to make it strong, vibrant and globally competitive.
Under its revamped strategy, SIDBI 2.0, has adopted the theme of ease of access to MSEs and being impact multiplier and digital aggregator.
Efforts have been initiated to strengthen the ecosystem both in setting up and stepping up stages of the business cycle. To take the agenda forward, SIDBI has had a series of initiatives.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week