Sir Timothy Earle Barrow on 4 January 2017 was appointed the British Permanent Representative to the European Union (EU). The appointment came after the resignation of Sir Ivan Rogers from the post on 3 January 2017.
Sir Tim previously served as representative to the EU Security Committee and as Ambassador to the Western European Union.
About Sir Tim Barrow
• Sir Tim Barrow is a senior British diplomat.
• He serves as the Political Director, member of the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) board.
• He served as the Ambassador of the United Kingdom to the Russian Federation from 2011 to 2015.
• From 2006 to 2008, he served as British Ambassador to Ukraine.
• He holds vast European experience and worked as an UK Representative to the Political and Security Committee of the EU from 2008 to 2011 at UKRep.
About British Permanent Representative to EU
• The Permanent Representative of the UK to the EU is the country’s foremost diplomatic representative to the EU.
• He/She serves as the head of the United Kingdom Representation to the European Union.
• His/Her official title is Her Britannic Majesty's Permanent Representative to the European Union.
Who: Sir Tim Barrow
When: 4 January 2017
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.