Sitting Rajya Sabha MP from Nagaland Khekiho Zhimomi passed away on 26 November 2015 following a cardiac arrest at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences in New Delhi. He was 69.
He served as the member of Nagaland Legislative Assembly for three times.
About Khekiho Zhimomi
• Zhimomi started his political career as a student leader and was the founding member of Nagaland Students' Federation.
• He was first elected to the Nagaland Legsilative Assembly in 1989.
• He also served as the State Cabinet Minister of Industry, Commerce, Mining and Border Affairs in Nagaland.
• In 2003, he was elected to the Legislative Assembly of Nagaland, as the Naga People's Front candidate in the constituency Ghaspani-I (ST).
• Besides being a politician, Zhimomi was a successful Industrialist. He was the Chairman of Zhimomi Group Of Industries (ZGI) that deals with packaged drinking water, Zhimomi Constructions, North East food, export import, RC Cola production, reliance petrol, telecommunication and Tata Automobile.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App