Sloane Stephens on 10 September 2017 won her first major, the 2017 US Open Women’s Singles title, in New York.
Stephens defeated Madison Keys 6-3 6-0 to grab the prestigious title.
The unseeded Stephens now ranks at No. 83 in the world.
About Sloane Stephens
• Born on 20 March 1993, Sloane Stephens is an American tennis player.
• She has won five singles titles on the WTA Tour and one Grand Slam tournament title at the 2017 US Open.
• She rose to prominence upon reaching the semi-finals of the 2013 Australian Open, notably defeating Serena Williams en route.
• She has reached a career-high singles ranking of 11 in the world and claimed her first WTA title at the 2015 Citi Open.
About US Open
• The US Open Tennis Championships is a hard court tennis tournament.
• Chronologically, the US Open is the fourth and final tennis major comprising the Grand Slam each year. The other three tennis majors in the Grand Slam are the Australian Open, the French Open and the Wimbledon.
• The United States Tennis Association (USTA) organises the US Open each year.
• The winner of the Men’s Singles title of the 2017 US Open is Rafael Nadal.
• The 2017 US Open Men’s Doubles title is won by Jean-Julien Rojer and Horia Tecău.
• The 2017 US Open Women’s Doubles title is won by Chan Yung-jan and Martina Hingis.
• The 2017 US Open Mixed Doubles title is won by Martina Hingis and Jamie Murray.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.