Sunil Kanoria was on 25 November 2015 appointed as the President of The Associated Chamber of Commerce and Industry of India (ASSOCHAM). Kanoria has succeeded Rana Kapoor, Yes Bank Managing Director and CEO.
Kanoria has an impeccable record as an expert in the field of finance. He has been instrumental in bringing over 34000 crore rupees of consolidated assets under SREI which became one of the first NBFCs to get listed on the London Stock Exchange.
About Sunil Kanoria
• Kanoria is the Vice Chairman of reputed non-banking finance company SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited.
• He is also the joint Managing Director of SREI BNP Paribas, a joint-venture between SREI Infrastructure Finance Limited and BNP Paribas Leasing Group, France.
• He is currently a council member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI) as a nominee of the Union Government.
• He conceptualized the brand Quippo, the country's largest infrastructure equipment rental company.
• He has been associated with several industry associations - Construction Industry Development Council (CIDC), Hire Purchase and Lease Association, Kolkata (HPLA), Merchants' Chamber of Commerce, Kolkata (MCC) and Federation of Indian Hire Purchase Association (FIHPA).
• He also held the prestigious position as Member of the Working Group on Construction for the Tenth Five Year Plan (2002-07) of the Planning Commission.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App