Surekha Marandi was on 3 January 2017 appointed as Executive Director (ED) of the Reserve Bank of India with effect from 2 January 2016. She succeeds US Paliwal, who retired on 31 December 2016.
Marandi will look after Consumer Education and Protection Department, Financial Inclusion and Development Department and Secretary's Department.
About Surekha Marandi
• Prior to being promoted as ED, Marandi was Principal Chief General Manager and Chief Vigilance Officer in the Reserve Bank.
• She has earlier served on the Boards of United Bank of India and Bank of Baroda.
• She has also served various committees including committees on customer service, financial inclusion and education and financial sector planning for the state of Chhattisgarh.
• She has held many positions in various capacities such as Banking Ombudsman of Maharashtra and Goa, Regional Director of the North Eastern States and Chief General Manager of the Urban Banks Department.
• In her career of over three decades, she has served in regulatory and supervisory, financial inclusion and development and human resource management areas in the Reserve Bank.
• She has attended various advanced programmes at the Asian Institute of Management of Manila and St. Catherine's College of Cambridge, United Kingdom.
• She holds a Master’s Degree from Jadavpur University.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.