Tamil actor-director Manivannan passed away on 15 June 2013 at his residence in Chennai after a cardiac arrest.
59 Years old Manivannan started his career as an assistant with well known director Bharathi Raja. In year 1982 he directed his first movie Gopurangal Saivathillai. He is survived by his wife, a son and a daughter.
A Brief Insight Into Manivannan’s Career
• He started his showbiz career as a writer. He penned dialogues for projects like Tick Tick Tick and Kathal Ovium, Nizhalagal, and Alaigai Oivathillai.
• He has acted as a villain in Kodi Parakkuthu directed by Bharathi Raja, which had superstar Rajnikant playing hero
• His 50th and last directorial venture was Nagaraja Cholan MA, MLA, released in May 2013. The audio launch of the movie was his last public appearance.
• He played major roles in Tamil films such as Mudhalvan, Sangamam and Ullathai Allitha.
• Some of the films directed by Manivannan include Pudhu Manithan, Chinna Thambi Periya Thambi and Jalli Kattu.
• He was a political satirist, both on and off the screen and was a member of Naam Tamizhar (We Tamil) group and fought for the betterment of Sri Lankan Tamils.