Tata Power Co. Ltd on 12 June 2016 agreed to acquire renewable energy company Welspun Renewables Energy Pvt. Ltd.
Tata Power took the step in a bid to grow its clean energy portfolio to 2.3 gigawatts (GW).
Key highlights of the agreement
• Tata Power’s renewable energy unit Tata Power Renewable Energy Ltd (TPREL) has signed an agreement to acquire Welspun Renewables Energy Private Ltd (WREPL).
• It is the largest transaction in renewables space in India.
• The acquisition is being made at an enterprise value of 9249 crore rupees.
• TPREL will acquire 1140 MW solar and wind power assets of Welspun Energy Private Ltd.
• The deal is expected to close in September 2016.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.