Telangana government announces Rs 5 lakh health-cum-life insurance scheme for farmers
The Telangana government has announced Rs 5 lakh worth health-cum-life insurance cover for farmers. The state government will be paying the entire premium on behalf of the farmer. The scheme is expected to benefit 70 lakh farmers in the state.
The Chief Minister of Telangana, K Chandrasekhar Rao has announced a health-cum-life insurance scheme worth Rs 5 lakh for the farmers in the state.
The Chief Minister made the announcement while addressing the regional conference of Farmers’ Coordination Committees in Karimnagar on February 26, 2018. The scheme is expected to be implemented soon.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week
• The entire premium of the health-cum-life insurance scheme of farmers will be fully borne by the government.
• The state government has announced an allocation of Rs 500 crore in the coming budget for implementation of the scheme.
• The scheme is expected to benefit 70 lakh farmers in the state.
• The health insurance coverage will be made available in case of hospitalisation.
• The families of farmers will be paid the amount in case of the farmer’s accidental or natural death.
• The Farmers’ Coordination Committees would have to ensure that each and every farmer in the village gets the benefits of the scheme.
The Farmers’ Coordination Committee meetings are being held in the state to create awareness among the farmers about the Farm Input Support Scheme, in which the state government has proposed to give Rs 4000 per acre per season to all farmers to facilitate meeting input cost.