Telangana government on 10 June 2016 decided to set up of a Pharma City on 12500 acres of land in Rangareddy and Mahbubnagar districts of the state.
Telangana has traditionally been the bulk drugs capital of India with almost one-third of the total production in value terms.
The state government intends to facilitate setting up of the most modern facilities along with all necessary where withal in an integrated manner along with maintaining the leader status in the sector.
Accordingly, the state government has decided to set up a state-of-the-art pharmaceutical city which will be a one stop shop for pharmaceuticals manufacturing companies, biotech and life sciences companies along with all related activities.
• Telangana State Industrial Infrastructure Corporation (TSIIC) shall send detailed project proposal (DPR) to the government on modalities for implementation and execution of project.
• It will also carry out all aspects related to the development of the park in a transparent manner duly following all relevant rules.
• The proposed park will have components and other related activities with regard to antibiotics, fermentation products, synthetic drugs, large volume chemical synthesis, intermediaries, vitamins, vaccines, drug formulations, nutraceuticals, herbal medicinal products, specialty chemicals, cosmetics among others.
• There will also be efforts to establish Research and Development incubation centre, central testing facilities facilitating clinical trials, testing and certification, contract research and custom synthesis.
• The actual location and exact extent of land will be firmed up based on the availability of government land and private land.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App
Who: Telangana government
What: to set up Pharma City