The book called The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson by Michael Bush, the personal assistant and designer of Michael Jackson won the gold medal from the Independent Publisher Book Awards in Pop Culture/Lifestyle category. The book is about the fashion style of singer Michael Jackson.
About the book- The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson
• The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson is a description of dressing style of Michael Jackson. It describes about the military outfits as well as jewel-encrusted gloves of the singer. Also, the book offers unseen look of the signature style of the singer who died in the year 2009.
• The King of Style: Dressing Michael Jackson by Michael Bush is said to be the first art-driven book that focuses on accessories, shoes, apparel and costumes which were worn by Michael Jackson.
• The book also includes various photographs as well as behind-the-scenes look in the fashion style of legendary entertainer, Michael Jackson.
• Apart from this, the book includes the stories of authors who were friends of the singer.
About the Independent Publisher Book Awards
• The Independent Publisher Book Awards were launched back in 1996.
• The awards were given away to recognise the independent publishers as well as authors.
• This year, there were 3650 entries for the award in national categories.
• In 2013, 29 medalists were from the university presses and 9 were from the museums.