Three-day Mayyazhi Mahotsavam kicked off in Mahe, Puducherry
The festival is being organised jointly by the Department of Tourism and the Legislative Assembly Secretariat at Mahe.
The Mayyazhi Mahotsavam (Fete de Mahe), a three-day cultural extravaganza, started on 29 November 2015 at Mahe, Puducherry.
The festival is being organised jointly by the Department of Tourism and the Legislative Assembly Secretariat at Mahe, which is Puducherry’s exclave in Kerala.
The festival will conclude on 1 December 2015.
Highlights of the Mayyazhi Mahotsavam
• The Aayi Mandapam, the main venue, will witness the performance of artists of national and international acclaim.
• A parade of classical and folk-ritual art forms, including Kathakali, Mohiniyattam and Theyyam, are part of the fete.
• E. Valsaraj, long-serving Mahe MLA, will be felicitated on his completion of 25 years of distinguished service in the constituency.
• Valsaraj’s paintings will also be featured at an exhibition.
• There will be the performances by playback singers Chithra and Mano.
• Actress Remya Nambeesan will perform Lasyam, a type of dance.
• Artists camp, painting and photo exhibitions, seminar on Waste is Wealth and a debate will also be held.
Now get latest Current Affairs on mobile, Download # 1 Current Affairs App