Current Affairs Today Headline- 22 March 2022
Find here Today's Current Affairs News Headlines by Jagran Josh for 22 March 2022.
- Pushkar Singh Dhami to continue as Uttarakhand chief minister, to be sworn in on March 23.
- Pramod Sawant elected leader of BJP Legislative Party in Goa, to get second term as Goa chief minister.
- Central board of employee PF body EPFO takes call on interest rate on provident fund, proposes cutting PF rate to 8.1%.
- AAP nominates former Indian cricketer Harbhajan Singh, AAP MLA Raghav Chadha, IIT Delhi faculty Sandeep Pathak, educator Ashok Kumar Mittal and industrialist Sanjeev Arora to Rajya Sabha.
- Australia repatriates 29 antiquities to India, PM Modi inspects all the antiquities.
- Indian carriers put Boeing 737 fleets on "Enhanced Surveillance" after plane crash in China.
- Israeli Prime Minister Naftali Bennett to pay first official visit to India on April 2 at the invitation of PM Narendra Modi.
- US Under Secretary of State for Political Affairs Victoria Nuland meets Indian Foreign Secretary Harsh Vardhan Shringla at Hyderabad House.
- Kerala government planning to implement SilverLine project, a semi high-speed rail project despite protests.
- 14.2 kg Domestic cooking gas LPG price increases by Rs 50 per cylinder, to now cost Rs 949.50 effective from today.
- World Water Day is being observed today with the theme "Groundwater: making the invisible visible" to highlight the importance of the water resource and encourage its sustainable use.
- Chinese state broadcaster confirmed that no survivors were found in wreckage of China Eastern plane that crashed with 132 aboard.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky insists on meeting with Russia President Vladimir Putin.
- Sri Lankan Army officers honour their Indian Army 'guru' who trained them to fight LTTE 30 years ago.
- India 'somewhat shaky' on punishing Russia for invasion of Ukraine: US President Joe Biden
- Russian chess grandmaster Sergey Karjakin suspended from playing for six months for publicly supporting Russia's invasion of Ukraine.
- Russian court bans Instagram, Facebook as 'extremist' organisations.
- US Secretary of State Antony Blinken declares Myanmar military oppression of Rohingya in 2016-17 was 'genocide'.
- A head-on collision between two passenger trains in the south of the Tunisian capital, have left 95 injured.
- Russia drops peace talks with Japan over Ukraine War.
- World 'sleepwalking' to climate catastrophe, with major economies allowing carbon pollution to increase when drastic cuts are needed, said UN Secretary General Antonio Guterres.
Take Weekly Tests on app for exam prep and compete with others. Download Current Affairs and GK app
एग्जाम की तैयारी के लिए ऐप पर वीकली टेस्ट लें और दूसरों के साथ प्रतिस्पर्धा करें। डाउनलोड करें करेंट अफेयर्स ऐपAndroidIOS