Top Current Affairs Quiz: 10 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Cup 2019 semi finals, RBI’s Utkarsh 2022 roadmap and first electric SUV in India among others.
10 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Cup 2019 semi finals, RBI’s Utkarsh 2022 roadmap and first electric SUV in India among others.
1. India played Cricket World Cup 2019 semi finals with which team?
c) New Zealand
d) Sri Lanka
2. Who was appointed as the Director General in Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA)?
a) Arun Kumar
b) B S Bhullar
c) Satish Dixit
d) Nitesh Kumar
3. The RBI recently finalised a ‘Three Year Roadmap’ to improve supervision and regulation. What is the name of roadmap?
a) Utkarsh 2022
b) Utsaah 2022
c) Vishwas 2022
d) Vikalp 2022
4. Which state has recently announced a solar award in the name of Bharat Ratna M. Visvesvaraya?
5. Which company has launched first electric SUV in India?
6. Rajya Sabha passes resolution imposing 200% customs duty on goods from which country?
7. According to latest report of UNESCO one in four children in which country will remain uneducated by 2030?
8. DRDO carries out three successful tests of which tank destroyer missile in one day in Pokhran?
1. (c) New Zealand
India and New Zealand faced each other for the first time in the World Cup 2019 tournament in the Semi-finals, as their group stage match had been washed out due to rain.
2. (a) Arun Kumar
Arun Kumar, Additional Secretary and Financial Advisor to Ministry of Civil Aviation was appointed as the Director General in Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA) in the rank of Additional Secretary.
3. (a) Utkarsh 2022
The Reserve Bank of India (RBI) finalised ‘Three Year Roadmap’ named as Utkarsh 2022 to improve supervision and regulation. The plan is in line with Global standards to strengthen regulatory and supervisory mechanism.
4. (d) Karnataka
In order to promote solar energy across the world, the Karnataka government has decided to award the Karnataka Visvesvaraya Solar Award in the name of Bharat Ratna M. Visvesvaraya. This award will be given every year for a country in the world to do better in the field of Floating Solar Project.
5. (a) Hyundai
Hyundai Motor launched India’s first fully electric SUV in the national capital. The SUV will offer a range of 452 km/charge, according to ARAI certification. An 80% charge can be achieved in 57 minutes with DC quick charger, using the CCS type II charging port.
6. (c) Pakistan
A statutory resolution has reportedly been passed in the upper House of the Parliament, Rajya Sabha imposing 200% customs duty on all the goods imported from Pakistan. It was a formalisation of the February 2019 move by the government of India to hike customs duty on all the goods imported from Pakistan after the Pulwama attack.
7. (d) Pakistan
As per report published by UNESCO one in four Pakistani children won't be able to complete their primary education by 2030. Pakistan will only half-way complete the target of 12 years of education for all, with 50% of youth still not completing upper secondary education at the current rates, the UN body added.
8. (a) Nag
Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) carried out three successful test firings of the Nag anti-tank missiles in the Pokhran firing ranges. The missiles were test-fired during both day and night during the trials. All three tests were successful.