10 October 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like 29th edition of Accountants General Conference, World Mental Health Day and Nikki Haley resigns as the United States Ambassador to UN among others.
1. The 29th edition of Accountants General Conference was held in which city?
a) New Delhi
2. India has offered USD 20 mn grant to which nation for development projects?
b) Sri Lanka
3. Jeremy Lalrinnunga won the first gold for India at Youth Olympics in Argentina's capital Buenos Aires. He won the medal in which of the following sports?
4. Which state has flagged off the test run of its first electric bus?
a) Himachal Pradesh
b) Uttar Pradesh
5. The mobile health application ‘MedWatch’ is an initiative of which Indian armed force?
a) Indian Army
b) Indian Navy
c) Border Security Force
d) Indian Air Force
6. When is the World Mental Health Day 2018 observed every year?
a) October 9
b) October 10
c) October 11
d) October 12
7. Indian-American Nikki Haley on October 9, 2018 resigned as the United States Ambassador to which organisation?
a) World Trade Organization
b) Conference on Disarmament
c) United Nations
d) International Solar Aliiance
8. As per the ‘Break Free From Plastic Movement’, which company did not contribute most to ocean pollution with single-use plastics?
d) Del Monte
9. The Strategic Policy Group (SPG) constituted recently will be headed by whom?
a) National Security Adviser
b) Union Defence Minister
c) Union Finance Minister
d) Central Information Commissioner
10. Which state partnered with 49th Goa International Film Festival to showcase its culture?
1. (a) New Delhi
The 29th Accountants General conference was inaugurated by President Ram Nath Kovind in New Delhi on October 10. The conference comprised deliberations on adopting most modern audit techniques to further improve audit effectiveness and enhance accountability in public spending.
2. (c) Tajikistan
India on October 8, 2018 offered a grant of USD 20 million to Tajikistan for financing development projects in the resource-rich Central Asian country as Indian President Ram Nath Kovind and Tajik President Emamoli Rahmon held talks and reaffirmed their determination to counter all forms of terrorism and violent extremism.
3. (d) Weightlifting
Jeremy Lalrinnunga won India’s first gold medal at Youth Olympics in Argentina's capital Buenos Aires. The 15-year-old weightlifter shattered the national record in the men's 62kg category to claim the top honours. Manu Bhaker also rediscovered her form by shooting 236.5 to finish at the top with the gold medal in the women's 10m air pistol event.
4. (c) Uttarakhand
Uttarakhand Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat flagged off the test run of the state’s first electric bus on October 10, 2018. The Electric Vehicle Policy was framed by the Uttarakhand Government to encourage the operation of pollution-free vehicles in the state.
5. (d) Indian Air Force
The Indian Air Force launched an innovative mobile health application called ‘MedWatch’ on October 8, 2018, on the occasion of its 86th anniversary. The app comprises a host of features including information on basic first aid, health topics and nutritional facts.
6. (b) October 10
The World Mental Health Day was observed by the World Health Organisation (WHO) on October 10, 2018 with an aim to raise awareness of mental health issues around the world and mobilising efforts in support of mental health.
7. (c) United Nations
Indian-American Nikki Haley on October 9, 2018 resigned as the United States Ambassador to the United Nations. President Donald Trump made the formal announcement of her resignation and applauded her work. He cited that Haley wanted to take a break.
8. (d) Del Monte
The ‘Break Free From Plastic Movement’ on October 9, 2018 revealed that Coca-Cola, PepsiCo, and Nestle are among the companies that contribute most to ocean pollution with single-use plastics. As per the study, Coca-Cola, Pepsi and Nestle were the most frequent companies in contributing to ocean pollution, identified in 239 cleanups and brand audits spanning 42 countries and six continents.
9. (a) National Security Adviser
The Union Government on October 8, 2018 constituted the Strategic Policy Group, headed by National Security Advisor Ajit Doval, to assist the National Security Council.
10. (b) Jharkhand
The 2018 Goa International Film Festival will have Jharkhand as a partner state. This will allow Jharkhand to showcase its culture and favourable film making incentives announced by the state government.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week