Top Current Affairs Quiz: 17 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like extension of Fifteenth Finance Commission term, Governor of Chhattisgarh and first female president of European Commission among others.
17 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like extension of Fifteenth Finance Commission term, Governor of Chhattisgarh and first female president of European Commission among others.
1. The Union Cabinet recently approved the extension of Fifteenth Finance Commission term to which date?
a) 30th July
b) 30th September
c) 30th November
d) 30th December
2. The CCEA recently approved the 2800 Megawatt Dibang Multipurpose Project in which state?
c) Arunachal Pradesh
d) West Bengal
3. The 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship began in which city?
c) Kuala Lumpur
d) Singapore City
4. Which of the following has recently been appointed as the Governor of Chhattisgarh?
a) a Anusuiya Uikey
b) b. Awakriya Mishra
c) c. Anupama Singh
d) d. Swati pandey
5. Which of the following has recently been appointed as Governor of Andhra Pradesh?
a) Acharya Sanghamitra
b) Biswa Bhushan
c) Devendranath Singh
d) Ashwini Chaubey
6. Which of the following has been appointed as the Judge of Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC)?
a) Justice RK Pachauri
b) Justice BS Verma
c) Justice SS Dhingra
d) Justice AK Sikri
7. In what time period NGT asked Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to stop the pollution intensive activities in critical and severely polluted areas?
8. Which state cabinet has announced to increase the financial assistance given to the families of martyrs from Rs 25 lakh to Rs 1 crore?
c) Madhya Pradesh
9. Who among the following has been elected as the first female president of European Commission?
a) Ursula von der Leyen
b) Angela Merkel
c) Marcelo Rebelo de Sousa
d) Irina Bokova
10. Christine Lagarde has resigned as the Managing Director of which International Financial body?
1. (c) 30th November
Union Cabinet approved the extension of Fifteenth Finance Commission term up to 30 November 2019, enabling the Commission to examine and finalise its recommendations for the period 2020-2025.
2. (c) Arunachal Pradesh
The Cabinet Committee on Economic Affairs (CCEA) recently approved the Dibang Multipurpose Project in Arunachal Pradesh. The project will be implemented at the cost of Rs 1600 crore and will have the capacity of 2880 Megawatt.
3. (a) Cuttack
The 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship began at Jawaharlal Indoor Stadium, Cuttack on 17 July 2019. Players from India, Singapore, Malaysia, England, Scotland and Australia will be competing in the championship.
4. (a) Anusuiya Uikey
President Ramnath Kovind recently appointed Anusuiya Uikey as the governor of Chhattisgarh. She will take charge of Chhattisgarh from Madhya Pradesh Governor Anandiben Patel, who was having the additional charge of Chhattisgarh besides Madhya Pradesh.
5. (b) Biswa Bhushan
Vishwa Bhushan Harichandan is a senior leader of Bharatiya Janata Party. He was the general secretary of the Jan Sangh's Andhra Pradesh till the formation of Janata Party in 1977. Apart from this he was also the National Executive Member of Jana Sangh. Harichandan was also the President of the state BJP from 1980 to 1988.
6. (d) Justice AK Sikri
India's Former Supreme Court judge Justice AK Sikri has been appointed as a International Judge of Singapore International Commercial Court (SICC). A statement issued on the website of the PMO of Singapore said that the president has approved the appointment of Justice Sikri from August 1. His tenure will end on 04 January 2021.
7. (b) Three
The National Green Tribunal (NGT) has shown strict vigil on the polluting industries and it ordered the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) to stop the activities of pollution in critical and severely polluted areas within three months. The order of NGT will be applicable on 88 industrial cities of the country including Delhi-NCR, which fall in the Red and Orange category.
8. (d) Maharashtra
The Maharashtra Cabinet has decided to increase the financial assistance given to the families of martyred soldiers by four-fold. The relatives of martyred soldiers will now get compensation of Rs 1 crore instead of Rs 25 lakhs. At the same time, they have also decided to increase the assistance to partially disabled soldiers.
9. (a) Ursula von der Leyen
Ursula von der Leyen, German Defence Minister, has been elected as the first female president of the European Commission. Leyen was nominated by a narrow margin of 383 votes, just nine votes over the required 374. There were 327 votes against her and 22 abstentions.
10. (b) IMF
Christine Lagarde has resigned as the Managing Director of International Monetary Fund (IMF). Lagarde’s name is in consideration for the post of the head of the European Central Bank.