Top Current Affairs Quiz: 19 July 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Global Innovation Index 2019, ICC Hall of Fame and Apollo 11 space mission among other.
19 July 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as Global Innovation Index 2019, ICC Hall of Fame and Apollo 11 space mission among other.
1. When will the Ministry of Commerce & Industry launch the Global Innovation Index 2019 (GII)?
a) 20th July
b) 22nd July
c) 24th July
d) 26th July
2. Who was appointed as the Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi?
a) Vivek Kumar
b) Sanjeev Kumar Singla
c) Ashok Singh
d) Gautam Tripathi
3. Which country signed agreement with India to upgrade railway lines?
b) Sri Lanka
4. Where city hosted the 10th Jagran Film Festival?
d) New Delhi
5. The Union Ministry of Human Resource Development released the ‘Deeksharambh’ guide for student induction programme of which institution?
6. Which among the following cricketers has been inducted to ICC Hall of Fame?
a) Saurav Ganguly
b) Yuvraj Singh
c) Sachin Tendulkar
d) Virat Kohli
7. Neil Armstrong stepped on the Moon’s surface, marking a giant leap for mankind, on which date?
a) July 12th
b) July 20th
c) July 21st
d) July 15th
8. Who has passed the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Bill 2019?
a) Lok Sabha
b) Rajya Sabha
c) Union Cabinet
d) NITI Aayog
1. (c) 24th July
The Union Minister of Commerce & Industry, Piyush Goyal will launch the Global Innovation Index (GII) on July 24, 2019 in the presence of Francis Gurry, Director General of the World Intellectual Property Organisation.
2. (a) Vivek Kumar
Vivek Kumar was appointed as the Private Secretary to Prime Minister Narendra Modi. Vivek is an Indian Foreign Service (IFS) officer of 2004 batch. He is currently serving as the Director of the Prime Minister’s Office (PM0).
3. (b) Sri Lanka
Sri Lanka recently signed USD 91.26 million agreement with India to upgrade Railway tracks connecting the North and South. It would be the first time in 100 years that Sri Lanka would be upgrading this 130 km-long railway line.
4. (d) New Delhi
The 10th Jagran Film Festival was inaugurated at Siri Fort Auditorium, New Delhi. The event was inaugurated by Union Minister of Information & Broadcasting, Prakash Javadekar. The Festival is an initiative of the Jagran Prakashan Group.
5. (b) UGC
Union Ministry of Human Resource Development recently released the ‘Deeksharambh’, a guide prepared by the University Grants Commission for its Student Induction Programme.
6. (c) Sachin Tendulkar
Sachin Tendulkar has become sixth Indian cricketer to be included in the ICC Hall of Fame. The ICC selected India’s Sachin Tendulkar, South Africa’s Allan Donald and Australia’s Cathryn Fitzpatrick for the hall of fame honour at a ceremony in London on July 18, 2019.
7. (b) July 20th
Google commemorated the 50th anniversary of Apollo 11 space mission, the world’s first moon landing with an interesting doodle. Apollo 11 carried astronauts Neil Armstrong and Buzz Aldrin to the Moon’s surface for the first time in history on July 20, 1969.
8. (a) Lok Sabha
The Protection of Human Rights(Amendment) Bill 2019 was passed by voice vote in Lok Sabha on July 19.