20 February 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like World Day of Social Justice, World Environment Day 2018 and first-ever Arab Fashion Week among others.
1. What was the theme of the World Day of Social Justice 2018?
a) Workers on the Move: the Quest for Social Justice
b) Preventing conflict and sustaining peace
c) Eradicating Poverty & Promoting Global Justice
d) None of the above
2. Which online payment service provider has partnered with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) for deployment of PoS terminals?
3. Which country recently allowed women to start business without male permission?
c) Saudi Arabia
4. Which movies won the Best Film award at the British Bafta Film awards 2018?
a) The Darkest Hour
b) The Shape of Water
d) Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
5. Which country will host the World Environment Day 2018?
6. When is the World Day of Social Justice observed every year?
a) 19 February
b) 20 February
c) 21 February
d) 22 February
7. Which state government signed 900 MoUs with private companies?
a) Madhya Pradesh
c) Uttar Pradesh
8. The Ministry of Railways extended the upper age limit for its ongoing recruitment process by how many years?
a) 3 years
b) 5 years
c) 1 year
d) 2 years
9. According to UNICEF report, which nation is the riskiest to be born in?
10. What was India’s neonatal mortality rate in the UNICEF report on newborns?
11. Which gulf nation is going to host its first-ever Arab Fashion week?
b) Saudi Arabia
12. Which state has unveiled a new toruism policy to woo tourists and investors?
d) Uttar Pradesh
1. (a) Workers on the Move: the Quest for Social Justice
The World Day of Social Justice is observed every year on February 20 to recognize the need to promote efforts to tackle issues such as poverty, exclusion and unemployment. The 2018 theme is “Workers on the Move: the Quest for Social Justice”.
2. (b) PhonePe
PhonePe, the online payment service provider, partnered with Indian Oil Corporation Limited (IOCL) to deploy its own Point of Sale (POS) payment terminals across all IOCL retail outlets nationally. As part of the pilot program, PhonePe PoS devices have already been installed at 30 IOCL outlets.
3. (c) Saudi Arabia
Under Saudi Arabia’s guardianship system, women were required to present proof of permission from a male guardian- normally the husband, father or brother - to do any government paperwork, travel or enrol in classes.
4. (d) Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri
Crime drama “Three Billboards Outside Ebbing, Missouri” won five British BAFTA Film Awards on February 18, 2018. The movie, chronicling a grieving mother's campaign for justice, won for original screenplay and outstanding British film.
5. (a) India
Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change, Dr Harsh Vardhan on February 19, 2018 announced that India will be the Global Host for the World Environment Day 2018. World Environment Day 2018 will be celebrated across the globe with the theme ‘Beat Plastic Pollution’.
6. (b) 20 February
The World Day of Social Justice was observed across the world on February 20, 2018 with an aim to recognise the need to promote efforts to tackle several issues like exclusion, unemployment and poverty.
7. (c) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh government has signed 900 Memorandums of Understanding (MoU) with different industrial groups for investment in the state ahead of the two-day UP investors summit, which will be held from February 21- 22, 2018.
8. (d) 2 years
The Indian Railways has decided to increase the upper age limit for its ongoing recruitment process for Group C Level-1 and Level-2 posts by two years. The Ministry stated that the last date for submission of the applications will also be extended suitably.
9. (b) Pakistan
According to a UNICEF report that released on February 20, 2018, Pakistan is the riskiest nation to be born in, as it has the highest newborn mortality rates in the world. The report mainly examined the death rates of newborn babies during the first 28 days of life.
10. (a) 25.4
According to a UNICEF report that released on February 20, 2018, India's neonatal mortality rate (deaths per 1,000 live births) was 25.4, making it the 12th worst among 52 ‘lower middle-income countries’ that pose risk for newborns.
11. (b) Saudi Arabia
Saudi Arabia will debut with its first-ever Arab Fashion Week in Riyadh in March 2018. The move is another step towards opening up of the country under Crown Prince Mohammed Bin Salman’s ambitious transformation programme. The Dubai-based Arab Fashion Council said the fashion week will be held in Riyadh from March 26 to March 31, with a second edition already scheduled for October.
12. (d) Uttar Pradesh
The Uttar Pradesh government on February 19, 2018 announced a new tourism policy to increase footfalls as well as investment in the state. The state government aims to encourage at least 4-5 persons from each of the 6.5 lakh villages in the country to come and participate in the Kumbh Mela at Allahabad in 2019.
DISCLAIMER: JPL and its affiliates shall have no liability for any views, thoughts and comments expressed on this article.