26 November 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women, 21st round of Special Representatives talks between India and China and Dera Baba Nanak - Kartarpur Sahib Road Corridor among others.
1. Which airport is going to be renamed after Vajpayee?
a) Jaipur Airport
b) Dehradun Airport
c) Kullu–Manali Airport
d) Kangra Airport
2. Former Union Minister and actor turned politician Ambareesh passed away on November 24, 2018. He was known as a ‘rebel star’ in which film industry?
a) Kannada film industry
b) Marathi film industry
c) Tamil film industry
d) Malayalam film industry
3. Mathew Thomas has resigned as the Water Resources Minister of which state?
a) Tamil Nadu
d) Andhra Pradesh
4. A 70 ft tall Lord Buddha's statue has been unveiled in which state?
b) Madhya Pradesh
5. Who has won her sixth world championship gold at the 10th World Women’s Boxing Championships?
a) Geeta Phogat
b) Sakshi Malik
c) Mary Kom
d) Dipa Karmakar
6. When the International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was observed?
a) November 22
b) November 25
c) November 23
d) November 26
7. The Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on November 26, 2018 laid the foundation stone for the construction of Dera Baba Nanak - Kartarpur Sahib Road Corridor in which district of Punjab?
8. The 21st round of Special Representatives talks between India and China was held in which city?
a) New Delhi
9. Which state come out with lexicons of 21 vanishing tribal languages?
10. Who was appointed as the first ‘Youth Advocate’ of the North East Region of India by the UNICEF?
a) Mary Kom
b) Hima Das
c) Nahid Afrin
d) Mirabai Chanu
1. (b) Dehradun Airport
The Uttarakhand government on November 25, 2018 decided to rename the Dehradun airport after former prime minister Atal Bihari Vajpaye. The proposal to rename the Jolly Grant airport after Vajpayee was approved by the state cabinet at a meeting chaired by Chief Minister Trivendra Singh Rawat.
2. (a) Kannada film industry
Kannada actor and politician Ambareesh passed away on November 24, 2018 due to cardiac arrest, sources said. He was 66. Known as a "rebel star", Ambareesh had acted in over 200 films and had carved a niche for himself in the Kannada film industry.
3. (c) Kerala
Kerala Water Resources Minister Mathew T Thomas, a nominee of the Janata Dal (Secular) in the CPI (M)-led LDF government, submitted his resignation to Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan on November 26, 2018. The move comes after the JD(S), a key partner in the LDF, decided to replace Thomas with Chittur MLA K Krishnankutty.
4. (d) Bihar
Bihar Chief Minister Nitish Kumar unveiled a 70-feet tall statue of Lord Buddha at Rajgir in Nalanda district on November 25, 2018. The statue has been installed above a 16 metre radius pedestal in the middle of the lake Ghora Katora and has been made from 45,000 cubic foot pink sand stone.
5. (c) Mary Kom
Mary Kom created history on November 24, 2018 by winning her sixth world championship gold at the 10th World Women’s Boxing Championships, held in New Delhi, India. Kom won the sole gold for India by beating Ukraine's Hanna Okhota in a unanimous 5-0 verdict in the 48kg category summit bout.
6. (b) November 25
The International Day for the Elimination of Violence against Women was observed on November 25, 2018. The 2018 theme of the day is Orange the World: #HearMeToo and like previous editions, the date marks the launch of 16 days of activism that will conclude on 10 December 2018, International Human Rights Day.
7. (b) Gurdaspur
Vice President M Venkaiah Naidu on November 26, 2018 laid the foundation stone for the construction of Dera Baba Nanak - Kartarpur Sahib Road Corridor at a function in Mann village in Gurdaspur district of Punjab.
8. (d) Chengdu
National Security Advisor Ajit Doval met Chinese Foreign Minister and State Councillor Wang Yi in Chengdu, China for 21st round of Special Representatives talks where India and China agreed to maintain peace and tranquillity in border areas.
9. (a) Odisha
Odisha government has come out with lexicons of 21 such languages to keep vanishing tribal languages in circulation. The bilingual tribal dictionaries will be used in multilingual education (MLE) initiated by the State government at the elementary level in tribal-dominated districts.
10. (c) Nahid Afrin
Popular singer Nahid Afrin of Assam was appointed as the first ‘Youth Advocate’ of the North Eastern Region by the UNICEF to fight for child rights. Nahid made her playback debut in the 2016 Bollywood film ‘Akira’ starring Sonakshi Sinha in the lead.