26 October 2018: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover the topics like Bangladesh opens ports for India, IDFC Bank renamed and 2018 Seoul Peace Prize among others.
1. India recently signed agreements with which country for enhancing inland and coastal waterways connectivity for trade and cruise movements?
b) Sri Lanka
2. Which bank recently decided to change its name due to its merger with ‘Capital First’?
a) HDFC Bank
b) IDFC Bank
c) ICICI Bank
d) IDBI Bank
3. Which Indian personality was chosen for the 2018 Seoul Peace Prize?
a) Aamir Khan
b) Kailash Satyarthi
c) Narendra Modi
d) Late Atal Bihari Vajpayee
4. Which organisation won the 2018 UN Award for excellence in promoting investments in sustainable development?
a) Reliance Industries
b) Startup India
c) International Solar Alliance
d) Invest India
5. Bharat Stage-IV (BS-IV) vehciles will be banned for sale in India from which date?
a) April 1, 2022
b) April 1, 2023
c) April 1, 2024
d) April 1, 2025
6. Sahle-Work Zewde has been appointed as the first female President of which nation?
7. Which cricketer previously held the record of being the fastest batsman to score 10000 runs in ODIs?
a) Sachin Tendulkar
b) Jacques Kallis
c) Kumar Sangakkara
d) Ricky Ponting
8. The first National Sports Stadium for differently-abled is set to come up in which state?
9. Which Indian woman wrestler won the bronze medal in the 57kg freestyle category at the 2018 World Championships, held in Budapest?
a) Babita Kumar
b) Vinesh Phogat
c) Sakshi Malik
d) Pooja Dhanda
10. Which South Asian nation is planning to send its first manned space mission in 2022?
c) Sri Lanka
1. (a) Bangladesh
India and Bangladesh on October 25, 2018 signed several milestone agreements for enhancing inland and coastal waterways connectivity for trade and cruise movements. Bangladesh agreed to open its Chattogram and Mongla ports for trade with India.
2. (b) IDFC Bank
IDFC Bank on October 25, 2018 proposed to change its name to 'IDFC First Bank Ltd' in the wake of its amalgamation with the non-banking financial company Capital First. The decision was taken during the meeting of the Board of Directors of IDFC Bank.
3. (c) Narendra Modi
Prime Minister Narendra Modi was conferred with the 2018 Seoul Peace Prize in recognition of his dedication to improving international co-operation, raising global economic growth, and accelerating the Human Development of people in India.
4. (d) Invest India
Invest India won the 2018 UN Award for excellence in promoting investments in sustainable development at the World Investment Forum, Geneva. The awards were organised by the United Nations Conference on Trade and Development (UNCTAD).
5. (a) April 1, 2022
The Supreme Court on October 24, 2018 ruled that no Bharat Stage-IV vehicle shall be sold across the country with effect from April 1, 2020. The Bharat Stage VI (BS-VI) emission norm would come into force from April 1, 2020 across the country.
6. (a) Ethiopia
Ethiopia on October 25, 2018 appointed diplomat Sahle-Work Zewde as its first-ever female President. The position of the President is largely ceremonial in the nation. Zewde was appointed by the Ethiopian lawmakers through a unanimous vote. She would be replacing Mulatu Teshome who resigned recently.
7. (a) Sachin Tendulkar
Indian cricketing great Sachin Tendulkar was the first in history to breach the 10,000 mark in ODIs. He achieved the feat in 259 innings, while playing a match against Australia in Indore in 2001. The other Indians in the elite 10K club include Tendulkar (18426), Sourav Ganguly (11221), Rahul Dravid (10768) and MS Dhoni (10123). Recently, Virat Kohli became the fastest batsman to join reach the landmark.
8. (c) Meghalaya
The Union Minister of Social Justice and Empowerment, Thaawarchand Gehlot has announced that a stadium of international standard for differently-abled persons will be set up in Meghalaya. The stadium will be constructed at an estimated cost of over Rs 200 crore.
9. (d) Pooja Dhanda
Pooja Dhanda joined the elite Indian company of women grapplers after defeating Grace Bullen of Norway 10-7 in the 57kg Freestyle category to clinch the bronze medal at the World Championships in Budapest on October 25, 2018. Before Pooja, only three Indian women grapplers Alka Tomar in 2006, Geeta Phogat and Babita Phogat in 2012 had won a bronze medal each at the World Championships tournament.
10. (a) Pakistan
The Pakistani cabinet chaired by Prime Minister Imran Khan on October 25, 2018 approved the plan of sending Pakistan’s first-ever manned space mission in 2022 with the help of China. India is also planning to launch its manned space mission in the same year.
Video: Check out the latest current affairs of this week