Top Current Affairs Quiz: 4 November 2019
The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as odd-even rule, Ladakh union territory and Rugby World Cup 2019 winner among others.
4 November 2019: The Current Affairs Quizzes section of Jagranjosh aims to help every competitive exam aspirant to revise the day at ease. The day’s updated quizzes cover topics such as odd-even rule, Ladakh union territory and Rugby World Cup 2019 winner among others.
1. The odd-even rule was implemented in New Delhi from which date?
a) November 5th
b) November 4th
c) November 3rd
d) November 1st
2. Which among the following states has not been blamed for crop stubble burning, which has majorly caused air pollution in Delhi-NCR?
c) Uttar Pradesh
3. Which among the following PoK districts has not been included in the union territory of Jammu and Kashmir in India’s new political map?
c) Jhelum Valley
4. The new union territory of Ladakh has how many districts?
5. How many agreements were signed between India and Uzbekistan for military cooperation?
6. Who has directed Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and UP to ensure there are no power cuts in the states?
c) Delhi HC
d) Supreme Court
7. Which country won the Rugby World Cup 2019?
c) South Africa
8. Which city is hosting the National Tribal festival?
c) New Delhi
1. (b) November 4th
The odd-even rule was implemented in Delhi from November 4, 2019. Under the rule, cars with odd and even numbers will only be able to ply on the roads alternatively.
2. (d) Rajasthan
The Supreme Court asked the states of Punjab, Haryana, and UP to explain why they should not be asked to pay compensation on the principle of polluter pays, given that they have failed to prevent stubble burning.
3. (c) Jhelum Valley
The newly released political map of India shows three districts of Pakistan occupied Kashmir (PoK) – Muzaffarabad, Mirpur and Punch as a part of the Union Territory of Jammu and Kashmir and Gilgit-Baltistan as a part of Ladakh.
4. (a) Two
The new Union Territory of Ladakh includes two districts Kargil and Leh. Kargil has been carved of Leh and Ladakh district, while Leh includes the districts of Gilgit, Gilgit Wazarat, Chilhas, Tribal Territory and remaining areas of Leh and Ladakh.
5. (b) Three
India and Uzbekistan have signed three agreements to enhance military ties in the field of military medicine and military education, training and capacity building.
6 . (d) Supreme Court
The Supreme Court has directed Delhi, Punjab, Haryana and UP to ensure no power cuts take place in the states so that no diesel generators are used.
7. (c) South Africa
South Africa defeated England to win the Rugby World Cup on November 3, 2019. South Africa has claimed the cup for the first time since 2007. They have now become the second team after New Zealand to win three World Cup titles.
8. (c) New Delhi
The 15-day long National Tribal festival will be hosted by New Delhi from November 16, 2019. The festival’s 2019 theme is celebration of the spirit of tribal culture, craft, cuisine and commerce.